North-East Innovative Regional Cluster for Structural and Molecular Imaging (IMAGO-MOL), the first medical cluster from Romania, its aims being to support the growth of scientific competitiveness of its members and the competitiveness of the North East Region in the field of Medical Imaging by developing a framework of cooperation based on diversification and optimization of services in this area.
Fields of activity:
• Development of a platform in the molecular and structural medical imaging providers/stakeholders in the North East Region, including basic and applied medical studies that will follow the medical aspects of physiological and pathological molecular imaging methods.
• Research-developing activities for Medical Imaging domain and technologic transfer, with formative impact in universitary and post-universitary education, economic impact (SME development) and practical impact (improving some disease diagnosis and treatment)
• Improving the diagnostic and therapeutic medical process through the use of integrated health data management (USMED)
• Retro-prospective structural and functional imaging research for the early diagnosis of the cerebro-medular degenerative modifications and stroke
• Research concerning the synthesis and use, in vitro and in vivo, of new radiotracers for the SPECT and PET-CT /IRM techniques
• Studies in combined structural and functional imaging techniques, in vitro and in vivo, for the diagnosis and evolution following of certain neoplasia.