PRO WOOD was the first cluster in the wood processing sector in Romania and the first Romanian cluster in the modern sense of the word and its methodology became a national model, i.e. the Ministry of Economy only recognizes clusters organized in the PRO WOOD manner. In January 2017, the PRO WOOD was awarded with the SILVER certificate by ESCA – European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis and Cluster Excellence.
The core of the cluster is represented by its group of companies, covering the following fields of the wood industry:
• Wood harvesting & processing
• Wooden constructions (houses, etc.)
• Production of wooden doors, windows, stairs, balusters
• Solid wood furniture manufacturing
• Production of wooden decorations, accessories, sculptures
The cluster currently has over 60 members, 40 of them being SMEs and larger companies, followed by vocational schools, universities, catalysts, etc.